Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Week of Firsts

This past week, Maddie did several things for the first time. Saturday in particular was a busy day. She went to her first pumpkin patch. She also had her first taste of oatmeal, which she seems to like more than rice cereal, although I still don't think she actually swallows much of it. She also rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time. It was great because Will and I actually got to witness this together. On Wednesday morning, when I looked at Maddie in her video monitor in the morning, things looked different. Maddie had turned herself 180 degrees in her crib. She was perfectly centered, but facing the opposite direction. A few weeks ago she started scooting to the end of the crib. She would be in the exact same position, perfectly centered in the crib, just 6-10 inches further down the crib than she was when we put her to bed. Now she figured out how to rotate exactly 180 degrees. It's quite fascinating that she's so exact in her movements. I wonder if this is a glimpse into her personality. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post right now, but I'm at work. I did want to document this great week, though. I'll post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great when they first get mobile! Next thing you know she'll be walkin' down the hallway with a cup of coffee.

Lisa, Rob, Ella