Thursday, October 16, 2008

Maddie's Foray Into Solid Foods

At Maddie's four month check-up, we got the okay to start her on solid foods. So, this past Saturday, Will and I started feeding Maddie rice cereal. It's more like mush, but it is her first "solid" food. The first time we tried giving it to her, I don't think she knew what to do. I don't think any of the food actually made it down her throat. In the past few days, though, I think she's swallowed some of it. Most of the time, she just looks at us and smiles. She's such a happy baby, so we don't know if she's smiling because she likes the food or just smiling at us, which she does all the time even when we're not feeding her.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She certainly looks like she's enjoying solid foods! That close up of her is so cute. She has the most beautiful eyes.

Lisa, Rob, Ella

Karen said...

Yea, for solid foods! I know how tough that week was after having my wisdom teeth taken out and I was stuck drinking liquids. I hope she appreciates the solids as much as i do.